Odd Test User
Topic Author
Topics: 11
Medals: 1
Advisor (1)

Anyone tried Windows 7 yet?

Post by oddtest »

Hello Oddfish's OddMods. :mrgreen:
I'm wondering if you or anyone you know has tried Windows 7 yet?
Would it be OK to try?
So many questions to ask like is it stable but perhaps asking in small doses first.

Thanks in advance,
Jonte.

Array
oddfish
Site Admin
Topics: 21
Medals: 1
Advisor 2 (1)

Re: Anyone tried Windows 7 yet?

Post by oddfish »

hello attribute.

I have tried win7 and quite like some changes made - and really dislike some changes made. :roll: (pale text and the never ending change to My Computer layout).

trying it out? on a test machine only - NOT on a main or current usable computer. I would never advise running a beta product to anyone on an everyday purpose machine. Remember, security of your data should always come first (photos, addresses etc) so bare that in mind in light of recent mumblings of insecure UAC (User Access Control) in the current public beta release.

It is stable, although interpreting that is dependent on machine specs (recent hardware) and a user's will to not slap so much garbage on that even XP would start shaking.

Personally, I would wait trying until the next public release which should be close to a "release candidate" (or a "nearly there product") with most features and bugs ironed out.

good luck with your choice,
oddfish.

Bobo
Topics: 1

Re: Anyone tried Windows 7 yet?

Post by Bobo »

Not me. I won't touch any Explorer browser. Too much of a virus magnet and it keeps way too much info on one's browsing habits.

Thanks

Bobo