Big trouble - 500 internal server error

Informative converse
lovelysummer
Topic Author
Topics: 7

Big trouble - 500 internal server error

Post by lovelysummer »

Hello oddfish,

After I succeed the installation of shoutbox in the test forum, I try to install the shoutbox to my actual forum.
When running the install/index.php , install/upgrade.php, install/update.php , 505 internal server error below comes out.

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@forum.mycichlidfish.hk and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at forum.mycichlidfish.hk Port 80

I find a file in the ftp remote site named erro log located in the root of my forum. Then I look into it , it seems that something wrong in the include/function.php. I go to see the lines but don't know what went wrong.
:(
How to fix it ?

would you please advise me what to do? I attached the files to you by email.

Thank you ver much.

oddfish
Site Admin
Topics: 21
Medals: 1
Advisor 2 (1)

Re: Big trouble - 500 internal server error

Post by oddfish »

looks like an error with the quick-style MOD -- please check in the shoutbox for more information.

Did running install/index.php work OK for the shoutbox? If so, there is no need to run the upgrade.php. You only run upgrade.php if using the sql insert to create the shout table.

cheers,
oddfish.

lovelysummer
Topic Author
Topics: 7

Post by lovelysummer »

Thanks for oddfish's advice and checking of my file. I finally find out that the issue is in include/session.php.
Before the installation of shoutbox, I edited the file for a mod named Quick language change . Thus the edits conflict to the step of shoutbox's install/index.php . Therefore I undo the edits in Quick language chang and the installation of shoutbox runs smoothly. After the installation , then I edit the file again .Now The Quick language change mod and shoutbox are both running . :P

Oddfish is really nice and helpful. I must salute to his patience in assistance. :mrgreen:

oddfish
Site Admin
Topics: 21
Medals: 1
Advisor 2 (1)

Post by oddfish »

thank you and glad you have this resolved lovelysummer. well done.