Changing text size/color in Dirtyboard

Informative converse
jmalcodray
Topic Author
Topics: 1

Changing text size/color in Dirtyboard

Post by jmalcodray »

You've helped me on another support board recently and had some questions about the font size for Dirtyboard2.0. The text size for the tags 'Register', 'Logon' , etc., that appear lower-left in the header logo are hard for the eye to pick up. Thinking about making them a bit larger and maybe even changing the color.

Do you think it's a good idea and could you guide me toward the directory/files and code that need changing.

Thank you,

Joe, igotissues.com/forum

oddfish
Site Admin
Topics: 21
Medals: 1
Advisor 2 (1)

Re: Changing text size/color in Dirtyboard

Post by oddfish »

Hi Joe.

That is why I put the black snake thingie in the temp image. ;)

Open theme/common.css
FIND

Code: Select all

.navbar li a {  
	color: #ccbe91;
	font: 1.1em Helvetica, Verdana, Arial;
	font-weight: bold;
	text-decoration: none;
... and change the #ccbe91 to the colour you want (i.e. #000000). Wanting a slightly larger font, then change font: 1.1em to font: 1.2em (the same as 12px).

check dirtyboard2.0 here to see what that does - removed that practical but hideous black snake thingie.

Also, I adjusted /common.css .. #page-header, min-height: to a value of 250px so the Board index sits closer to the navbar (due to having a smaller logo image than the default). An exact measurement can be worked out but today is Sunday.

hope that helps,
oddfish.

jmalcodray
Topic Author
Topics: 1

Re: Changing text size/color in Dirtyboard

Post by jmalcodray »

You did it again Oddfish, thanks so much for the help. I wasn't planning on it originally, but I got rid of that black banner thingie too!

Thanks again, you know I'll be in touch again. All the best,

Joe